Sometimes in order to gain happiness, you have to change-up some things you are doing in your life. This is why we have New Years Resolutions and all that. We all do it, we all say what we will change. But the truth is, it is pretty hard to change habits. They say it takes 25 days to start a habit. But hey ,it is still motivation to do better, and at least we try. Change is needed, but sometimes with added stress and goals, we tend to model off societies views instead of living to our own standards. Remember that mask (Masking The Truth) I was telling y’all about in my previous blog? When you finally take that mask off, you need to make sure to leave it off. Here is a quick list of things to focus on, in order to live a happy and fruitful life.
- Letting go of the negatives, and embracing the positives. Leave the things that weigh you down behind, even if its friends, old habits or anything with a dampening aura. Keep people who motivate you in your corner and keep those who will allow you to grow while doing the same for them. If certain crowds give you an uncomfortable vibe, stray away and be around the people that make you happy.
2. Saying Yes to myself more often. You have to learn how to treat yourself sometimes. Self love is the best love! Buy yourself a new outfit every now and then or take yourself to the movies. Give yourself breaks after working hard or moments of tension. treat yourself the way you want to be treated by others.
3. Be more active. Exercise, get out and move. I’m not saying go beast mode, just get out and do something. Give yourself energy so that you can accomplish more in a day. Also by being active, I don’t mean just exercise. Get out and do things, meet people and explore the world. Take advantage of your surroundings.
4. Stimulate Your Mind: Sometimes its just good to let go and let your mind be free. Give your brain a rest from troubles and stressors and give it some food for thought. Listen to some good music, read a book or something interesting, or take time to do something that takes your mind elsewhere. Also if you are Religious or spiritual, spend time getting to know what you believe in or even exploring different things.
5. Spend time doing things you love and explore new things. Spend time with your hobbies or get a new hobby. Venture out in your city and learn about what your city has to offer. Meet new people and new opportunities. If you can, travel as much as you can to new cities. Just do what you love, even if its playing games or taking a nap!
6. Work hard in all you do. Put your best foot forward in whatever you do. Whether it’s at work or in your side hobbies, or school, put your all into your work. A sense of accomplishment will prepare you for the next goal. Always look to improve your situation.
I’m sure there are many other things I will think of later, but until then I leave you with these 6 tips. Happiness can be gained, sometimes you have to work for it, but at the end of the day I believe it is a choice. Be in control of your mood and your life, so that you will have no regrets. You only get one life, so live it to the fullest!